I have been loving lavender essential oil this summer! We use it frequently. I can see why it has been referred to as the jackknife of essential oils. It has so many uses and it saves us all the time! If you are new to oils, this is an amazing one to start with since our family uses it directly on our skin or added to a carrier oil. Carrier oils are just an oil you can use to dilute an essential oil before applying it. A few examples are coconut oil, olive oil and jojoba oil. I used to think that “carrier oil” sounded confusing but it is actually pretty basic. Open your cabinet and you probably have one of the 3 oils listed, and voila, you have a carrier oil.
When I use it, I usually only use a drop or two. A little goes a long way when you are using true therapeutic grade essential oils.
My 10 current uses for lavender essential oil include:
- Diffusing for peace and serenity
- A drop in my palm and then place over nose and mouth and breath for calm state of mind.
- A couple drops on my feet before bed.
- On bug bites to stop the itch
- On cuts and scrapes for healing and cleaning
- On skin irritations
- In baths for relaxation
- A couple drops mixed with my night face cream for an added beauty boost.
- A drop in my hands and then run through my hair to keep bugs away from my head. Lavender is also part of my homemade bug spray mix too, so I guess we use it to keep bugs away in general.
- A drop in my laundry for a beautiful smell and extra cleaning.
Let me know if you have any questions about how I use Lavender and I would be glad to pass my thoughts along. I am not sure how I got along without it before I found it and starting using it regularly.