Depending on where you get your therapeutic grade essential oils, you probably have a favorite “wellness” blend. My favorite is Thieves Essential Oil from Young Living. I call it my “wellness” blend because I use it to stay well and to clean. It’s blend if clove, rosemary, lemon, eucalyptus and cinnamon bark essential oils creates its “antiseptic, disinfectant, and antibacterial properties.” Here are my top 5 ways to use Thieves essential oil:
- Diffuse – I diffuse it every time I want to purify the air in my house or anytime I am seeking a clean cozy feeling in our atmosphere. There is something so soothing about diffusing this blend.
- Home Cleaning – I use it to clean almost anything in my house. I mix a few drops of Thieves with vinegar and water and use this on my counters, windows, bathrooms, and more. Check out all of the Thieves Cleaning products here if you want to delve into their other cleaning products that are easy to use and contain Thieves. I use the Thieves cleaner solution and the laundry detergent and I do laundry often, and yet the little bottle that they have lasts me 2-3 months since I find that I only have to use about 1 tablespoon for each load.
- Hand Sanitizer – My favorite hand sanitizer recipe is: add 12 drops of Thieves essential oil in a 6 ounce glass pump bottle. Fill halfway with real aloe vera gel and top off the rest with water. Shake and use often. If you are concerned that this does not sanitize enough, some people also add isopropyl alcohol or witch hazel instead of the water for the added sanitizing boost.
- Mouth Spray – Take a 4 oz glass spray bottle. Add 10 drops of Young Living Thieves Dietary Essential Oil. Top the bottle off with filtered water. Shake well. Spritz in mouth when you feel like having a fresh feeling and fresh breath!
- Bedtime Routine – I know that most people look to calming oils at bedtime including Lavender, Chamomile, Cedarwood and more. I love those, but my favorite oil to use at bedtime from October – March is Thieves! I take a couple of drops and apply them to the bottom of my feet, just as I am tucking into bed. This seems to give my immune system a boost. An easy way to do this is to keep a little roll-on of carrier oil and Thieves next to you bed and roll on just as you are getting into bed.