Lemon is one of the most uplifting essential oils. It is clean, cheery, and energizing in our home. Another plus is it is one of the less expensive therapeutic grade essential oils that you can buy. If you have a bottle of Lemon Essential Oil around and you are looking for ways to enjoy it, you might want to try some of these ideas out:
- Diffuse – Put this in your diffuser on its own, with peppermint, with eucalyptus, or anything and enjoy!
- Spot treat stains – I put a drop of lemon right on stains before putting them through the wash and almost every time, the stain comes out.
- Cleaning – Add a drop to your cleaning solution and you might love the fresh scent as much as I do.
- Moisturizer – I have added a drop to my evening skin cream for an antioxidant boost.
- Laundry – I do not use dryer sheets or heavily scented products in my laundry, however sometimes I appreciate a fresh scent and this is when I turn to lemon adding a couple drops to my laundry before washing.
- Sticky Savior – If you have ever peeled back a sticker to leave a sticky mess behind, you are going to love knowing about lemon essential oil. I place a drop or two on the sticky residue and rub gently with a cloth. The sticky mess comes right off. This works on sap too!
- Water flavor boost – I use a drop of lemon oil in my glass of water if I feel like changing up the flavor or brightening up my hydration routine.
- Cutting board cleaner – I feel that wooden cutting boards are a bit of a cleaning enigma. Are they actually clean after a rinse and dry? Who knows, so I bet my luck on lemon essential oil by using a couple drops when cleaning them.
And last but not least, if you are ever feeling tired or a little down, a whiff of lemon essential oil might be just the boost you need to pick up and get going again.