Meatloaf is one of my husband’s favorite meals, and over the years it has become one of mine as well. We keep it simple looking but we add in a few boosts of nourishment wherever we can to make it flavorful, comforting and delicious. Our Meatloaf recipe is:
- Dice 1 medium onion, 4 celery stalks, and 3 garlic cloves. Sauté these in butter for 3-5 minutes until they begin to soften and look translucent. Move to a in a mixing bowl. To that bowl, add the following ingredients.
- 1 pound of pasture raised ground beef
- 1/2 pound of pasture raised ground lamb
- 2 pastured duck eggs
- 3 slices of gluten free bread diced
- 2 tablespoons of coconut milk (or milk that you choose)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix these ingredients very well. Place the mixed ingredients in a greased (I use butter or avocado oil) pan. Use about 1/4 cup of ketchup (I prefer to make my own using this recipe or to use Primal Kitchen’s Ketchup) to cover the meat mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes before diving in and devouring. Enjoy!
As a side note, this makes a delicious cold meatloaf sandwich the next day for lunch too. I hope you find this as easy to make and delicious to eat as we do.